Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People
Due to the uncertainty of the direction that the Counselling profession will take as a result of Covid 19 we have taken the difficult, but we think correct decision, not to offer this course for the October 21 intake. We will review the situation again in May 2022.
This Level 5 course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Bedonwell Counselling Associates has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. This first stage of the training curriculum gives counsellors the competencies required to begin working with young people in a placement setting. The Introduction to Counselling Children and Young People course is for:
- Trainee counsellors on a Diploma in Counselling training course who have had at least 3 years experience of working with young people in some professional capacity and wish to undertake some of their practice hours in a placement working with young people.
- Counsellors already qualified to work with adults who want to extend their scope of practice to counselling children and young people and work towards a formal Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People Level 6.
BACP student or BACP Registered Member (or equivalent member of another professional body)
Course Dates 2021
To be confirmed. To register your interest please contact email@example.com
To achieve a Certificate of Attendance students are required to:
- Have a minimum 80% attendance at the taught elements
- Completed a videoed skills session with 1,000 word write up
To achieve a full Level 5 Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People, students are required to complete the requirements above plus:
- Complete a 3000 word essay
The 3000 word essay is an entry requirement to go on to the Level 6 Diploma in Counselling. This can be submitted at a later date subject to a late marking fee of £40.00.