Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People
Due to the uncertainty of the direction that the Counselling profession will take as a result of Covid 19 we have taken the difficult, but we think correct decision, not to offer this course for the October 21 intake. We will review the situation again in May 2022.
This Level 6 course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Bedonwell Counselling Associates has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The learning outcomes of this course have been benchmarked at Level 6 against Ofqual level descriptors. This indicates the level of difficulty and depth of study involved in successful course completion.
We are pleased to offer this 1 year conversion course in conjunction with Place2Be who are also able to offer placement opportunities.
Before starting the course we will arrange a course induction via telephone. Please contact us to arrange this. The induction will provide you with an opportunity to speak to the tutors and to gain an understanding about the course and what will be expected of you.
- Post-qualified counsellors who have successfully completed the Introduction to Counselling Children and Young People (Stage 1) or who can evidence via a formalised APL procedure, that they have acquired the requisite knowledge and understanding through previous CPD and/or prior experience of counselling young people that is equivalent to the Introduction to Counselling Young People.
- Post qualified counsellors working in placement where they are currently working with children and young people.
- BACP Student or BACP registered Member (or equivalent member of another professional body).
- Enhanced DBS check no less than two years old.
- Two character references stating suitability to work with children and young people. Referees must have known the applicant for a minimum of two years in a personal or professional capacity. Referees must not be a spouse, partner or relative.
All applicants will be required to pass a telephone interview.Applicants will need to display:
- A positive attitude towards creativity
- A high degree of emotional literacy
- Emotional stability
- An accepting, compassionate attitude towards others
Course Dates 2021Course dates to be confirmed. To register your interest please Email Us
Key Aims of the course programme
- Learners practice the application of counselling skills with children and young people within an ethical framework
- To enable learners to work ethically and safely with children and young people
- To explore particular problems faced by children and young people
- Investigate techniques and interventions particularly suitable when working with children and young people
- To enable learners to conduct pre counselling assessments with children and young people
- Students are required to have a minimum 80% attendance at the taught elements
- 40 supervised hours of counselling children and/or young people
- Successful completion of a 4,000-word essay including a case study
- A 1 hour presentation on an aspect of counselling children and young people with an accompanying paper giving a clear picture of the presentation content
- A 2,000 word essay processing the research, formulation, performance and feedback of the presentation