Introduction to Counselling Skills
ABC Awards accredits this Level 2 Introduction to Counselling Skills in Folkestone, Kent. ABC Awards is a government approved counselling training awarding body. The next course starts on Monday January 6th 2020 6.00-9.30pm and runs over 4 weeks.
Course Dates - 2020
- Monday January 6th 6.00-9.30pm
- Friday January 10th 6.00-9.30pm
- Monday January 13th 6.00-9.30pm
- Friday January 17th 6.00-9.30pm
- Monday January 20th 6.00-9.30pm
- Friday January 24th 6.00-9.30pm
- Monday January 27th 6.00-9.30pm
- Friday January 31st 6.00-9.30pm
This course is an open entry level and requires no previous qualifications.
If you have no previous experience of working in 'care' related professions but want to find out whether or not working relationally to help and support others is for you then this could be the right course for you. The programme introduces the key concepts of basic counselling skills, an introduction to counselling theories as well as ethical issues as they relate to counselling. There is also a focus upon starting to explore personal development.
The course is taught in a facilitative manner and all participants are encouraged to value the contributions of others when discussing issues relating to counselling.
We do not expect any prior knowledge of counselling training although it is often the case that students who have experienced their own personal therapy are motivated to join the course with an aim of being able to utilise their personal experiences to help others. This is very welcome and often highly relevant.
We also welcome the participation of professionals in related fields of work that want to gain an understanding of what is involved in counselling training prior to undertaking our Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills course.
Key Aims of the course programme
- To practice the application of counselling skills within an ethical framework
- To understand that sessions in which counselling skills are applied are professionally managed activities.
- To recognise individual differences and acknowledge and work with them
- To reflect on how the study of counselling theory and the use of counselling skills informs personal development and growth
£450.00 + ABC awards Registration Fee £29.00
Payment OptionsOption 1:
Initial payment: £159.00 prior to the start date of the course. Use the Apply & Book Now button to secure your place.
Two further payments of £160.00 on standing order will be arranged after securing your place on the course.
To be completed by the course end date.Option 2:
Full payment of £479.00 prior to the start date of the course by using the Apply & Book Now button to secure your place.