Level 2 Introduction to Counselling Skills - (Online training) ABC Awards, a government approved counselling training awarding body accredits this Level 2 Introduction to Counselling Skills course
Our classes are held LIVE online with your training group peers and tutors.
From your own home or remote location, you will experience a dynamic way of learning by the following: -
· Live interacting with all members of your training group and your tutor(s)
· Access breakout rooms for small group discussions and preparations for full group work
· Have 1-1 tutorials live with your tutor in course time
· See tutor presentations and notes put up on your screen
· Practice counselling skills in triads and record these sessions for self reflection and development
· Share your own presentations and work with others
· Send in your assignment via email links
· Share your experience with your class mates in realtime
What do you need to access these live online sessions?
You will need a modern laptop of desktop computer with a built in video camera and microphone. A good broadband connection. a private, uninterrupted space in your home or suitable location. You will need to download the free Zoom software package. If needed we offer a short training session to get you up to speed with how to use the software package Zoom so you can feel equipped to get on with your course and realtime learning with your group.
Next Course Dates - 2020
Our next Introduction to Counselling courses start in October. Enrol now to avoid disappointment.
for full day course outline and dates, starting Tuesday 6th October, 11am-2pm
for full day course outline and dates, starting Friday 9th October, 6pm-9pm
- Note: We will run one or both groups according to demand
This course is an open entry level and requires no previous qualifications.
If you have no previous experience of working in 'care' related professions but want to find out whether or not working relationally to help and support others is for you then this could be the right course for you. The programme introduces the key concepts of basic counselling skills, an introduction to counselling theories as well as ethical issues as they relate to counselling. There is also a focus upon starting to explore personal development.
The course is taught in a facilitative manner and all participants are encouraged to value the contributions of others when discussing issues relating to counselling.
We do not expect any prior knowledge of counselling training although it is often the case that students who have experienced their own personal therapy are motivated to join the course with an aim of being able to utilise their personal experiences to help others. This is very welcome and often highly relevant.
We also welcome the participation of professionals in related fields of work that want to gain an understanding of what is involved in counselling training prior to undertaking our Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills course.
Key Aims of the course programme
- To practice the application of counselling skills within an ethical framework
- To understand that sessions in which counselling skills are applied are professionally managed activities.
- To recognise individual differences and acknowledge and work with them
- To reflect on how the study of counselling theory and the use of counselling skills informs personal development and growth
£450.00 + ABC awards Registration Fee £29.00 (See payment instalment options below)
Payment OptionsOption 1:
Initial payment: £159.00 prior to the start date of the course.
Two further payments of £160.00 on standing order will be arranged after securing your place on the course.
To be completed by the course end date.Option 2:
Full payment of £479.00 prior to the start date of the course.
This is the option to select if your employer/sponsor is paying your fees.